A £270,000 road improvement scheme will commence on the A505 Killyclogher Road, Omagh on 2 June 2018.
Resurfacing along a 1.7km stretch of the road will improve the structural condition of the carriageway, enhance the running surface and reduce maintenance costs.
Temporary Traffic Control measures will be in place from 2 June to 9 June while preliminary work takes place. A full road closure of the A505 Killyclogher Road will then operate daily between 08:00 and 17:00 from the 11 June to 16 June 2018 to facilitate the resurfacing.
A temporary 40mph speed limit will be in force throughout the duration of the scheme from the junction of the Loughmacrory Road to the junction of the Comber Road.
Diversions will be clearly signposted via the B46 Creggan Road, B4 Drumnakilly Road and the B4 Hospital Road to the A505 Killyclogher Road and vice versa. Local access will be maintained.
The Department for Infrastructure has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however some delays may be expected, particularly at peak times and motorists should allow additional time when planning any journeys.
The scheme is expected to be completed by the 16 June 2018 however dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £190,000 resurfacing scheme on Hillsborough Road, Comber 15 October 2018
- £935,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisburn commences 15 October 2018
- £255,000 resurfacing scheme on A49 Magheraknock Road, Ballynahinch 11 October 2018
- £200,000 resurfacing scheme for A26 Killead Roundabout, Aldergrove 04 October 2018