A £265,000 road improvement scheme on the Ardglass Road, Downpatrick starts on Monday 23 July 2018.
The scheme, which will involve drainage works and the resurfacing of a 1.75 kilometre stretch of the B1 Ardglass Road from its junction with Ballyclander Road to Tobermoney, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of the road. The work is expected to be substantially completed by Friday 24 August 2018.
To facilitate the work the Ardglass Road will be closed from its junction with Ballyclander Road to its junction with Struell Wells Road between 08:00hrs and 17:00hrs daily from Monday 23 July to Friday 24 August 2018. The road will remain open evenings and weekends.
A diversion route will be signed with traffic being diverted via Ardglass Road / Downpatrick Road, Quay Street / Bath Street / Kildare Street / High Street / Killough Road / Station Road, Downpatrick Road / Killough Road, Flying Horse Road and Ardglass Road.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Road users encouraged to be bike smart as Road Safety Week commences 19 November 2018
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Fermanagh and Omagh 19 November 2018
- £870,000 extension to Blacks Road Park and Ride facility to open 15 November 2018
- £150,000 road improvement schemes for Killyman, Dungannon 14 November 2018