A £255,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A49 Magheraknock Road, Ballynahinch will commence on Monday 22 October 2018.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.25 km from its junction with the Langley Estate, Ballynahinch towards Lisburn. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road and improve road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 9.00 am and 4.30 pm from Monday 22 October until Friday 23 November 2018. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via A49 Magheraknock Road / Old Ballynahinch Road, B6 Saintfield Road, A24 Carryduff Road / Belfast Road / Main Street, U6105 Harmony Road / Windmill Street, A24 High Street and A49 Lisburn Street.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Work is expected to be completed by 23 November 2018 however this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £212,000 resurfacing scheme for Upper Cairncastle Road, Larne 14 December 2018
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Marble Arch Road, Florencecourt 10 December 2018
- £140,000 resurfacing scheme on Moyad Road, Kilkeel 07 December 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics 2018-19 Q2 06 December 2018