A £250,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme will commence on the Queensway A1, Lisburn on 10 June.
The scheme, which extends between Moss Road and Grand Street will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the carriageway and adjoining footways.
To facilitate the resurfacing and help ensure safety of road users and workers, a lane closure is in operation, Monday to Friday between 9.30 am and 4.00 pm and a 30mph advisory speed limit will be in place.
In addition it will be necessary to implement overnight road closures as follows:
- Monday 29 July until Friday 2 August between 7.00 pm and 6.00 am
- Monday 5 August until Friday 9 August between 7.00 pm and 6.00 am
While work is ongoing it has also been necessary to temporarily remove access to the advisory cycle lane on Queensway at Lambeg/Hilden, however, this will be replaced at the earliest opportunity and will include an enhanced running service.
Road users should exercise caution in the vicinity off the works by slowing down, obeying signs and following the diversionary route during periods of closure.
While the Department has carefully planned the work to minimise disruption, road users may experience some delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
It is expected work will be substantially completed by mid-August, however, this is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: https://www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £205,000 road improvement scheme for Alder Road, Derry 24 January 2020
- A4 Henry Street, Enniskillen to get £100,000 road improvement 24 January 2020
- Statement from Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon in relation to MOT car and light vehicle tests 24 January 2020
- Further Update: MOT car and light vehicle tests 24 January 2020