A £240,000 road improvement scheme will commence on the Doagh Road on Monday 10 September.
The scheme will resurface a 1.2 kilometre stretch of the road between Houston’s Corner Roundabout and Carntall Road.
To facilitate the work a full road closure will be in operation continuously from 7.00 am on Monday 10 September until 7.00 pm on Friday 14 September. A further road closure will be required continuously from 7.00 am on 26 September until 7.00 pm on Friday 28 September.
Lane closures will also be in operation at other times between 17 September and 12 October. Temporary traffic lights will be in place to control traffic during lane closure periods.
A diversionary route will be clearly signposted during road closures via the Carntall Road and Ballynure Road.
The scheme is expected to be completed by mid October however dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £240,000 resurfacing scheme on A26 Banbridge Road, Lurgan 19 July 2019
- Strangford Ferry foot passenger fares to be suspended on Portaferry Gala Night 2019 18 July 2019
- £140,000 road improvement scheme on Burren Road, Ballynahinch 18 July 2019
- £95,000 resurfacing scheme for Gray’s Hill, Bangor 17 July 2019