A £240,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Banbridge Road, Lurgan is due to commence on Monday 22 July 2019.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 1.3 kilometres, from the junction with Hall Road to the Ballynabragget Road junction. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. It is due to complete on Friday 30 August .
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 22 July 2019 to Friday 30 August 2019. During these times traffic between Banbridge and Lurgan will be diverted via Gilford using the A26, A50 and B3 roads. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday, however, there may be traffic signals in operation at times as necessitated by the works.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The scheme is expected to be completed by Friday 30 August 2019, however, this is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Belfast Harbour Commissioners 12 December 2019
- £90,000 resurfacing scheme on A3 Cavan Road 11 December 2019
- The Department for Infrastructure announces the appointment of Chair to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners (LPHC) 10 December 2019
- £253,000 resurfacing scheme on Head Road, Kilkeel 04 December 2019