A £231,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme is due to commence on the B49 Woodend Road, Ballymagorry on 4 December 2018.
The work will also include the construction of a stretch of infill footway from Lawson Park to Cavancor View.
The scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road and provide better pedestrian safety and connectivity.
In order to ensure both the safety of road users and contractor staff, road closures will be in operation at various stages of the work. These road closures will be in operation after Christmas and details will be published in due course.
A two way diversionary route will be clearly signposted and will operate via A5 Victoria Road, B49 Woodend Road and B49 Berryhill Road and vice versa. Local access will be facilitated.
The work operations and traffic management arrangements have been carefully programmed in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however, some disruption can be expected for the duration of the scheme and road users should allow additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by the 31 January 2019 is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Marble Arch Road, Florencecourt 10 December 2018
- £140,000 resurfacing scheme on Moyad Road, Kilkeel 07 December 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics 2018-19 Q2 06 December 2018
- £165,000 resurfacing scheme on Ashgrove Road, Portadown 03 December 2018