A £230,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme is due to commence in the Strathfoyle area of Londonderry on Monday 21 January 2019.
The roads to be resurfaced are Clonmeen Drive, Garrymore Place, Rossmore Place and Stradowen Drive.
In order to ensure both the safety of road users and contractor staff carrying out the work, it will be necessary to operate lane closures in the area at various times and locations for the duration of the work. Access for local residents will be facilitated throughout the lane closures.
Full road closures will be required to enable the final surface coat to be laid. Residents will be advised of the timings of these closures in advance.
The Department has carefully planned the work to minimise disruption, however, some delays can be expected and road users should allow additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 4 March is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £161,000 resurfacing scheme for Rathkeel Road, Broughshane 21 February 2019
- DVA enforcement officers to wear body worn video cameras 19 February 2019
- £280,000 road improvement scheme at Ballygomartin Road, Belfast 19 February 2019
- £176,000 road improvement scheme for River Road, Lisburn 18 February 2019