A £230,000 road improvement scheme on Steeple Road, Kells will begin on Monday 14 May.
The scheme starts at the Lislunnan Road junction and extends for approximately 1.7 km towards Kells Village and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and running surface, with associated improvements to road drainage.
The drainage works will commence on 14 May using temporary traffic management including traffic lights where necessary. The resurfacing works are planned to commence on Monday 4 June requiring road closures and diversions which will be fully signed. Details will be published on www.trafficwatchni.com. All works are expected to be completed by 22 June 2018.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £135,000 road improvement scheme on Shrigley Road, Killyleagh complete 25 May 2018
- £343,000 road improvement scheme on A2 Strangford Road, Ardglass 25 May 2018
- Drainage infrastructure scheme to commence in Cultra 25 May 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics Annual 2017-2018 24 May 2018