Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced a £225,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Cupar Way, Belfast which will commence on Monday 17 February 2020.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 700 metres between Lanark Way and North Howard Street.
Minster Mallon said:
“Cupar Way is a busy thoroughfare in West Belfast and attracts a lot of tourists to the area. This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of all who use it. I'm pleased West Belfast will benefit from these improvements.”
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to operate daily road closures, week days only, from Monday 17 February until Friday 28 February 2020 between the hours of 8.00 am and 4.30 pm.
Diversionary routes will be signed and access for residents and tourists will be maintained as much as possible. To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, we would ask the public to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise extra care when travelling in the area.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme by 28 February will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartrmentforInfrastructure
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020
- Minister announces free public transport for healthcare workers and further changes to services 26 March 2020
- Mallon puts measures in place to protect the most vulnerable and those using community transport 25 March 2020
- DVA update for four year old cars 25 March 2020