A £220,000 road improvement scheme has commenced on the A28 Killylea Road Armagh.
The resurfacing, which will include drainage and verge reinstatement works, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of about 1/2 a mile of a rural section of the road near Killylea. The work is expected to be completed by the end of January 2018.
To facilitate the works, a temporary road closure will be in place from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm from Monday 8 January 2018 to Friday 19 January 2018. The road will be open evenings and weekends. The closure is to facilitate the extensive drainage and resurfacing works. Traffic is being diverted via A3 Friary Road Slip Road North, A3 Irish Street, A3 Monaghan Road and B210 Coolkill Road.
The works operations and traffic management arrangements have been carefully programmed in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236/.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £350,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisnaskea 19 April 2018
- County Tyrone goods vehicle driver fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- County Antrim goods vehicle operator fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- £70,000 road surface repair schemes for Barrack Hill and Shambles Roundabout, Armagh 16 April 2018