A £220,000 road improvement scheme for the A28 Armagh – Newry Road at the B3 Tandragee Road junction (Markethill) is nearing completion.
The scheme involves the provision of a dedicated right turn lane into the Tandragee Road and widening of the Tandragee Road at the junction to facilitate left and right lanes for exiting onto the main A28 Armagh - Newry Road. The scheme will improve road safety and deliver significant benefits to the road network.
Final resurfacing work will be carried out from Wednesday 25 April to Sunday 29 April inclusive.
In order to carry out the work safely it will be necessary to control traffic travelling on the A28 Gosford Road using STOP/GO from 9.30am each weekday morning and at all times at the weekend. The Tandragee Road junction will be closed completely during this period with a diversion in place for this traffic. Traffic is being diverted via Tandragee Road, Moyroukan Road, Drumnamether Road, Marlacoo Road, Mullurg Road, Mullaghbrack Road & Gosford Road.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme on Ballynahinch Road, Drumaroad 21 September 2018
- Publication of Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2018/19 Statistical Bulletin 20 September 2018
- Newly constructed Toome Park and Ride opens to the public 20 September 2018
- £146,000 resurfacing scheme for Cullion Road / Clabby Road, Tempo 19 September 2018