A £220,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Glen Road, Comber will commence on Monday 29 April 2019.
The resurfacing work, which will extend a distance of approximately 920 metres and includes 600 metres of footway, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Work will be carried out, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 9.00 am and 4.30 pm and is expected to last for 7 weeks. The initial preparatory work will be carried out under a rolling lane closure with temporary traffic control countrybound from the junction with Dalton Park. Due to the nature of the scheme it will also be necessary to operate road closures within the 7 week work programme, however, the Department will keep the public informed of closures in advance and details of diversions will be clearly signposted.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 16 June 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon announces the start of £183,000 resurfacing scheme on Castleblaney Road, Keady 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces £300,000 resurfacing scheme for Finaghy Road North, Belfast 24 February 2020
- New £30,000 footway for Todds Hill / Windmill Road, Saintfield 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020