A carriageway resurfacing scheme on Ravernet Road in Lisburn is due to commence on Monday 24 July 2017.
The scheme will increase the life of the road, greatly improving the strength and ride quality of the carriageway along this busy route.
Resurfacing the stretch of carriageway from Hillsborough Old Road to Comber Road will be carried out over four consecutive weeks between 7.00 am and 8.00 pm. The scheme is expected to be completed by end of August 2017.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors the improvements will be carried out under road closures. Diversionary routes will be signed. Local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the scheme.
The dates and duration of the road closures will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, motorists should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
2. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Minister Mallon announces appointment of the Chair for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 01 April 2020
- Mallon urges the public to support frontline workers 30 March 2020
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020
- Minister announces free public transport for healthcare workers and further changes to services 26 March 2020