A £200,000 resurfacing scheme will commence on Grange Road, Magherafelt on Monday 7 January 2019.
The works, which will extend for a distance of approximately 1.7km from its junction with Dromore Road to its junction with Rosgarron Road, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road. Work is expected to be completed by Friday 18 January 2019.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors, a road closure for through traffic is required for the duration of the works.
During the road closure a two way traffic diversion will be in operation along the Desertmartin Road in Tobermore, Tobermore Road, Main Street in Desertmartin, Rosure Road, Desertmartin Road and Tobermore Road in Magherafelt.
Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary. Local access will be facilitated.
The above planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however road users should be aware that some delays should be expected and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £155,000 resurfacing scheme on A2 Seaview, Warrenpoint 22 January 2019
- £287,000 road improvement scheme for Drumlegagh, Co. Tyrone 18 January 2019
- £230,000 road improvement scheme for Strathfoyle, Londonderry 17 January 2019
- £110,000 road improvement scheme on A29 Dungannon Road, Cookstown 17 January 2019