The Department for Infrastructure has announced that a £200,000 road improvement scheme at Glenside Road, Belfast is set to begin on Monday 13 February.
The scheme involves the resurfacing of a 2.8 kilometre section of road between Upper Springfield Road and Colinglen Road. Work is expected to be complete by 20 March.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors the road will be closed each day from Monday to Friday between 7.30 am until 6.30 pm. Well signed diversions will be in operation and local access will be maintained.
As with all improvement schemes of this type the planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions.
TransportNI has planned the works and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
For information about this and other improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022