A £200,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Crawfordsburn Road, Newtownards will commence on Monday 29 April 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 650 metres, including 280 metres of footway, and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
The initial preparatory work will start on 29 April 2019 and will be carried out under a rolling lane closure, with temporary traffic control between its junction with Hardford Link and its junction with Saratoga Avenue. These rolling lane closures will continue for seven weeks, from Monday to Friday between 7.00 am and 4.30 pm.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will also be necessary to operate road closures on Sunday 16 June and Sunday 23 June 2019, between 7.00 am and 10.00 pm, in order to complete the resurfacing work.
During the closure times a two-way diversion will be in place via Belfast Road, Holywood Road and Ballysallagh Road.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 23 June 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Belfast Harbour Commissioners 12 December 2019
- £90,000 resurfacing scheme on A3 Cavan Road 11 December 2019
- The Department for Infrastructure announces the appointment of Chair to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners (LPHC) 10 December 2019
- £253,000 resurfacing scheme on Head Road, Kilkeel 04 December 2019