A £198,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme commenced on the Chapel Road, Aghalee on Monday 4 March.
Work on the stretch of road between Gortraney Road to A26 Moira Road will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway.
To facilitate the resurfacing a road closure will be in operation, Monday to Friday, between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. A diversionary route will be clearly signposted.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise disruption, however, road users may experience some delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
It is expected work will be substantially completed by late March, however, this is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £90,000 resurfacing scheme on A3 Cavan Road 11 December 2019
- The Department for Infrastructure announces the appointment of Chair to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners (LPHC) 10 December 2019
- £253,000 resurfacing scheme on Head Road, Kilkeel 04 December 2019
- UPDATE: £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 29 November 2019