A £171,000 resurfacing scheme on the Trench Road, Londonderry will commence on Monday 30th September 2019.
The scheme will extend from near the Curryfree Road junction south westwards for a distance of approximately 800 metres. The works will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road. Work is expected to be complete by Monday 14 October 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a full road closure from 7.30 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Saturday. A signed diversion will be in operation via Trench Road, Strabane Old Road, Woodside Road, A5 Victoria Road and Duncastle Road. Local access for residents and landowners will be facilitated.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £200,000 road improvement scheme at Twaddell Avenue, Belfast 22 October 2019
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme for Shaneshill Road, Larne 18 October 2019
- £120,000 road improvement scheme on Ballymaglave Road, Spa, Ballynahinch 17 October 2019
- £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 16 October 2019