A carriageway resurfacing scheme on Ballygomartin Road is due to commence on Saturday 3 August 2019.
The resurfacing work, between West Circular Road and Twaddell Avenue, will deliver significant improvements to the surface and structural integrity of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme improvements will be carried out under a series of lane and road closures as follows:
- Saturday 3 August and Sunday 4 August from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm - lane closures will be in place to replace foundry gullies.
- From 10.00 pm on Saturday 10 August until 4.00 pm on Sunday 11 August – a full road closure will be in place, however, access to Tesco from Twaddell Avenue and Ballygomartin Road (from Woodvale Road end) will be retained from 12.30 pm.
- Sunday 18 August from 5.30 am to 4.00 pm – a full road closure will be in place, however, access to Tesco from Twaddell Avenue and Ballygomartin Road (from Woodvale Road end) will be retained from 12.30 pm.
- Monday 12 August to Tuesday 27 August from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm daily, a full road closure will be in place.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed during periods of closure and traffic will be carefully managed to ensure access for local residents and businesses is maintained in the area for the duration of the works.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme by 27 August will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- £138,000 road improvement scheme at Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast 20 January 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £215,000 resurfacing scheme on Shean Road, Forkhill 17 January 2020
- Publication of Travel to and from School by Pupils in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 16 January 2020
- New traffic signals scheme on the A2 Belfast to Bangor Road to commence 16 January 2020