A £161,000 resurfacing scheme on the Rathkeel Road, Broughshane will start on Monday 25 February 2019.
The scheme, which extends from the Lisnamurrican Road junction for 1.2 kilometres towards Lisnahilt Road, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Work is expected to be completed by 15 March 2019. To ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate a full road closure for the duration of the work. Access for residents will be facilitated.
A two-way diversion will be in operation on the following roads from 7.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday, for the duration of the works - Caherty Road - Deerfin Road – Rathkeel Road.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
The public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020