A £160,000 road improvement scheme for the Legacorry Road, Richhill is due to commence on 27 February 2019.
The scheme aims to improve road safety and will enhance the road network by increasing forward visibility and horizontal alignment as well as providing localised road widening. Demolition work to remove existing agricultural buildings has already been completed.
Work is expected to be completed by the end of April 2019. In order to facilitate the works, traffic control will be in place from 27 February to 11 March and a full road closure of the Legacorry road will be necessary from 11 March to the 26 April. During this time traffic will be diverted via the A3 Armagh Road and the Corcreevey Road.
Work has been carefully planned to minimise any disruption to the public, however, road users should expect some delays and additional time should be allowed when travelling in the area.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £320,000 road improvement scheme on Malone Road, Belfast 22 March 2019
- Publication of the Public Transport Journey Planning in Northern Ireland statistical report 2017/18 21 March 2019
- Publication of the Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: Third Quarter 2018/19 Statistical Bulletin 21 March 2019
- Respect our road workers, they are working to improve your journey 21 March 2019