A £155,000 resurfacing scheme on a section of the Gilnahirk Road, Belfast will start on Monday 23 July 2018.
The scheme on the Gilnahirk Road from its junction with King’s Road to the junction with Kensington Road will greatly improve the surface quality of the footways and carriageway.
The scheme will be carried out over six weeks and will involve both lane and full road closures where necessary throughout this period. Work commences on Monday 23 July and will be ongoing from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm daily. Where possible two way traffic will be maintained to minimise disruption to traffic. Where a full road closure is deemed necessary a signed diversionary route will be operational.
The dates and duration of the road closures will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and follow the signed diversionary route (Lower Braniel Road, Glen Road, Knock Road and King’s Road) when required.
Whilst the Department for Infrastructure has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, motorists should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information and news of improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit: http://trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £190,000 resurfacing scheme on Hillsborough Road, Comber 15 October 2018
- £935,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisburn commences 15 October 2018
- £255,000 resurfacing scheme on A49 Magheraknock Road, Ballynahinch 11 October 2018
- £200,000 resurfacing scheme for A26 Killead Roundabout, Aldergrove 04 October 2018