A £150,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Mill Road, Newtownabbey will commence on Monday 26 July 2021.
The works will extend for a distance of approximately 0.5 kilometres from Shore Road to Longlands. The scheme will also upgrade approximately 780 metres of existing footway.
Minister Mallon said:
“This investment for Newtownabbey will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents and visitors. I am also pleased that the upgrading of the existing footway will greatly enhance provision for pedestrians. I would like to thank local residents and businesses in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate lane closures with traffic control starting at 7.00 am on Monday 26 July 2021 running daily until 6.00 pm on Friday 10 September 2021. During these times some delays are to be expected.
City bound traffic will remain as is but North bound traffic will be diverted along Shore Road to Longwood Road and onto Church Road where the diversion ends. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 10 September 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon grants final planning permission for Casement Park stadium 28 July 2021
- Road improvement scheme for A2 Bangor Road, Belfast 27 July 2021
- Mallon welcomes appointment of contractor to take forward All Island Rail Review 27 July 2021
- Road improvement scheme for A26 Crankill Road Northbound Dual Carriageway, Ballymena 27 July 2021