A £145,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Gilford Road, Portadown will commence on Monday 5 August 2019.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 0.4 kilometres from the Springfields development to Princess Way, Portadown and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a night time road closure between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00 am from Monday 5 August 2019 to Friday 9 August 2019. During these times a two-way diversion will be in place via Killicomaine Road, Old Lurgan Road, Drumancanvey Road and Breagh Road, Portadown.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works. The road will be open to traffic from 6.00 am until 7.00 pm daily.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The scheme is expected to be completed by Friday 9 August 2019, however this is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Sydenham Bypass to be closed this weekend 20 May 2020
- DfI statement on Casement Park planning application 20 May 2020
- "Innovative green infrastructure is key to recovery” says Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon 15 May 2020
- Mallon to bring new legislation to the Assembly to encourage use of electric bikes 12 May 2020