A £140,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Burren Road, Ballynahinch will start on Monday 22 July 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 0.75 kilometres from the junction with Ballymacarn Road to the junction with Dromore Road. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road and improve road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 22 July 2019 to Friday 23 August 2019. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via the Dromore Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 23 August 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Belfast taxi driver convicted of illegal taxi plying offences 20 August 2019
- Launch of recruitment competition for Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 20 August 2019
- Preferred route for the Armagh East Link Road confirmed 20 August 2019
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019