A £140,000 road improvement scheme through Desertmartin village will commence on Monday 5 August 2019.
The resurfacing scheme, which will extend for a distance of approximately 730 metres from Tobermore Road to the National Speed limit signs on the Moneymore Road, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the trunk road network.
Given the nature of the scheme, and to help ensure the safety of road users and workers, it will be necessary to implement a full road closure for the duration of the works.
During the road closure a two-way traffic diversion will be in operation along the B42 Magherafelt Road from Tobermore to Magherafelt and the B40 and A31 Moneymore Road from Magherafelt to Moneymore and vice versa. An alternative diversion route will be available via the A6 Glenshane Road and A31 Magherafelt By-pass.
Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary. Local access will be facilitated.
Completion of the scheme by Sunday 11 August is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journeys.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Further Update: MOT car and light vehicle tests 24 January 2020
- Mallon announces £288,000 investment for Collin Road, Ballymena 24 January 2020
- Mallon announces £220,000 resurfacing scheme for Loughshore Road, Fermanagh 24 January 2020
- £205,000 road improvement scheme for Alder Road, Derry 24 January 2020