A £140,000 resurfacing scheme for A3 Northway, Portadown is set to begin.
Work on the 250 metre scheme will begin on 17 October 2016 and is due to be completed on 29 October 2016. The resurfacing extends from outside Portadown railway station towards Armagh taking in the junctions of West Street and Corcrain Road.
In order to minimise disruption and to meet strict Health and Safety Regulations, the surfacing will be carried out during off peak hours through night time working. The road will be closed between the hours of 6.30 pm and 06.00 am hours week nights only.
Through traffic will be diverted via Charles Street, Brownstown Road, Armagh Road, Church Street, High Street, Castle Street and Mill Avenue. The diversion routes will be clearly signed to assist road users.
TransportNI has made every effort to programme the necessary works operations, and traffic management arrangements, to minimise inconvenience to the public. However road users should be aware that unavoidable delays are to be expected and should allow additional time when planning journeys in the area.
As with all works of this nature planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions. TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information and news of other improvement schemes across the North visit: https://www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra.
- ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2023/24 Quarter One’ published 29 September 2023
- The draft Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2030 Annual Statistical Report, 2023 is published 28 September 2023
- Newry Southern Relief Road – Community Information Event 28 September 2023
- Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2022-23 statistical report published 27 September 2023