Howe Road, Lisburn will benefit from a £137,000 resurfacing scheme which is due to commence on Monday 10 February 2020.
The improvement work, which stretches between Leapogues Road and Ballynahinch Road, includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage. Delays are possible during the period of the works and we would be grateful for the patience of road users while we complete this scheme.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of daily road closures from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm (Monday to Friday). A signed diversionary route will be in place using Dromore Road, Croft Road and Hillsborough Road. Access for residents will be maintained and road closures will only be in place when work is ongoing.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to follow signed diversionary routes, comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of, the works.
Completion of the scheme by 6 March is subject to favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020