A £130,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the U0708 Corvanaghan Road, Cookstown will commence on Monday 14 May 2018.
The works, which will extend for a distance of approximately 2.6km from its junction with Blackrock Road to its junction with Beltonanean Road, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of Corvanaghan Road. Work is expected to be completed by Saturday 26 May 2018.
Given the nature of the works, and to help ensure the safety of road users and those carrying them out, a road closure for through traffic is required for the duration of the project. Local access within the area of the works will be facilitated where possible.
During the road closure traffic will be diverted via the C554 Blackrock Road and C612 Tulnacross Road and vice versa.
Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary.
The above planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays should be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for A6 Glenshane Road 22 October 2018
- £70,000 resurfacing scheme on Bachelors Walk, Portadown 17 October 2018
- £190,000 resurfacing scheme on Hillsborough Road, Comber 15 October 2018
- £935,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisburn commences 15 October 2018