A £120,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the B81 Derrygonnelly Road, Derrygonnelly, County Fermanagh will commence on Monday 24 June.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of 800 metres along the Derrygonnelly Road. This will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme and in order to ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the Derrygonnelly Road will be closed from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday for the duration of works.
During the closure times a signed diversion will be in place via Caldrum Road, Churchill Road, the A46 Loughshore Road and vice versa.
Access for emergency vehicles, and residents within the site limits will be maintained at all times. Whilst the Department has carefully planned these works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, motorists should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 5 July 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon announces the start of £183,000 resurfacing scheme on Castleblaney Road, Keady 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces £300,000 resurfacing scheme for Finaghy Road North, Belfast 24 February 2020
- New £30,000 footway for Todds Hill / Windmill Road, Saintfield 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020