The Department for Infrastructure has recently completed a £1.1million flood alleviation scheme in Laurelvale Co Armagh.
This scheme, which started in summer 2017, was necessary to reduce the risk of flooding to residential properties in the Velton Lawns development and the Cricket Club. These locations in particular had been affected by a recurrent flooding issue.
The scheme focused on work to sections of the Laurelvale Stream and Branch Drain watercourses. It consisted of 260 metres of new concrete channel to the Laurelvale Stream, 65 metres of new earth embankment, 125 metres of new floodwalls, and various culverts.
The works were successfully carried out by A.G. Wilson Civil Engineering Ltd.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme on Ballynahinch Road, Drumaroad 21 September 2018
- Publication of Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2018/19 Statistical Bulletin 20 September 2018
- Newly constructed Toome Park and Ride opens to the public 20 September 2018
- £146,000 resurfacing scheme for Cullion Road / Clabby Road, Tempo 19 September 2018