A £115,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Mill Street / Dunbarton Street, Gilford is due to commence on Sunday 11 August 2019 and complete on Friday 16 August 2019.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 0.4 kilometres, from the Presbyterian Church on Dunbarton Street to the mini roundabout at the end of Mill Street. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a road closure on Sunday 11 August between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm. Overnight road closures will also be in operation from Monday 12 August 2019 to Friday 16 August 2019 (5 nights), between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00 am. During these times traffic will be diverted through Tandragee, via High Street, Gilford, Lurgan Road, Moyallen Road, Mullahead Road, Portadown Road, Madden Road and Tandragee Road. The road will be open to traffic during the day (Monday – Friday), however, there may be traffic signals in operation at times as necessitated by the works.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of, the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
The scheme is expected to be completed by Friday 16 August 2019 however this is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Launch of recruitment competition for Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 20 August 2019
- Preferred route for the Armagh East Link Road confirmed 20 August 2019
- Belfast taxi driver convicted of illegal taxi plying offences 20 August 2019
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019