A £108,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme on the A38 Lifford Road in Strabane is due to start on Monday 24 July.
The scheme which is planned for completion by Friday 8 September will extend the life expectancy of this section of the road network.
Western divisional roads manager Conor Loughrey said: “This significant investment will greatly improve the road surface and will serve the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors lane closures will be in operation throughout the duration of the scheme. Access for local residents and businesses shall be accommodated.
The works have been carefully programmed to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should expect delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys. The above works are subject to favourable weather conditions and DfI Roads will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440.
2. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £1million LED relighting scheme on Bangor Road now complete 19 February 2018
- £200,000 flood alleviation scheme in Ahoghill 16 February 2018
- Publication of Penalty Charge Notice Statistics 2017 15 February 2018
- £55,000 resurfacing scheme for Friths Pass, Enniskillen 14 February 2018