A £108,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme on the A38 Lifford Road in Strabane is due to start on Monday 24 July.
The scheme which is planned for completion by Friday 8 September will extend the life expectancy of this section of the road network.
Western divisional roads manager Conor Loughrey said: “This significant investment will greatly improve the road surface and will serve the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors lane closures will be in operation throughout the duration of the scheme. Access for local residents and businesses shall be accommodated.
The works have been carefully programmed to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should expect delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys. The above works are subject to favourable weather conditions and DfI Roads will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440.
2. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £350,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisnaskea 19 April 2018
- County Tyrone goods vehicle driver fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- County Antrim goods vehicle operator fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- £70,000 road surface repair schemes for Barrack Hill and Shambles Roundabout, Armagh 16 April 2018