A £104,000 resurfacing scheme on Northland, Carrickfergus will start on Monday 22 July 2019.
The scheme which extends from the North Road junction for 240m towards Pinewood Avenue, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 23 August 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a lane closure from 7.00 am – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday from Monday 22 July until Friday 2 August 2019. A full road closure will be in operation from 7.00 am – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday from Monday 5 August until Tuesday 13 August.
Access for residents will be facilitated.
A two-way diversion will be in operation on the following roads:
- North Road – Bridewell Drive – Sunnylands Avenue
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020
- £120,000 road improvement scheme for Tempo Road, Enniskillen 20 February 2020
- Mallon announces £226,000 road improvement scheme for Baranailt Road, near Claudy 20 February 2020