A road coring and road pavement investigation programme in North Belfast will commence on Sunday 26 July. The work, which will be carried out on short sections of the Westlink, the M2 motorway and some local streets is expected to last three weeks.
The purpose of this work is to establish the make-up and structural integrity of the road pavement to aid in the design of future resurfacing and road improvement schemes.
To minimise disruption the majority of the work will be carried out overnight between the hours of 9.00 pm and 6.00 am while work on North Queen Street, Frederick Street and York Street will be undertaken on Sunday mornings to minimise any noise disturbance. All traffic movements will be accommodated and any localised traffic delay or disruption should be minimal.
Road users should however expect occasional delays and allow additional time when planning their journey.
The Department will keep the public informed of any change to this programme.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- Work will be carried out in the following local streets:
- North Queen Street
- York Street
- Brougham Street
- Frederick Street
- Little Patrick Street
- Nelson Street
- Dock Street
- Garmoyle Street
- Businesses and residents in the affected areas will receive an information leaflet explaining how the work will be carried out and what to expect.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter: @deptinfra and on Facebook: @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for Mowhan Road, Markethill 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for A47 Killadeas Road at Ballycassidy 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020