A new part-time speed limit of 20 miles per hour will be operational outside Model Primary School on the A2 Belfast Road, Carrickfergus from Wednesday 28 August 2019.
The part-time speed limit will apply for a distance of just under 500 metres, in the morning when pupils are arriving at school. It will also operate at two separate times during the afternoon when pupils are leaving the school.
The 20mph signs will have amber lights which will flash when the reduced speed limit is in effect. There will also be warning signs on the approaches to the part time speed limit.
Road users should adhere to the new speed limit as it is being put in place to improve road safety. This speed limit will be enforceable by the PSNI.
As we approach the new school year all drivers are reminded to watch out for children walking or cycling and to take extra care around school buses especially when children are getting on or off. The Department would also urge drivers to comply with all speed limits in order to improve road safety at all schools.
Notes to editors:
1. The operating times are -
- 8.10 am to 8.50 am (school starts at 8.45 am);
- 1.50 pm to 2.10 pm (school ends at 1.55 pm); and,
- 2.55 pm to 3.15 pm (school ends at 3.00 pm)
2. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Mallon announces £300,000 resurfacing scheme for Finaghy Road North, Belfast 24 February 2020
- New £30,000 footway for Todds Hill / Windmill Road, Saintfield 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £183,000 resurfacing scheme on Castleblaney Road, Keady 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020