Infrastructure Minister John O’Dowd has met with officers and members of Fermanagh and Omagh District Council to discuss local infrastructure issues.
The Minister provided updates about the flagship A5 Western Transport Corridor road scheme and the A4 Enniskillen Southern Relief Bypass.
Speaking after the meeting, John O’Dowd said:
“It was a pleasure to meet with Fermanagh and Omagh District Council and to provide an update on a range of important infrastructure issues. Joined up working between central and local government is key to creating better infrastructure and enables us to better deal with strategic matters of mutual interest.
“I am determined to see the progression on the A5 Western Corridor as quickly as possible. This significant, strategic route will not only improve road safety and help to tackle regional imbalance, it will also enhance the economy, job prospects and prosperity, and connect communities. I hope that a reconvened public inquiry into the scheme can take place as soon as possible to allow this hugely important flagship project to move forward without further delay. The A4 Enniskillen Bypass will help to alleviate traffic congestion in Enniskillen town centre, reduce delays, improve average journey times and road safety. I recently announced that the A32 Cornamuck Scheme is to progress to enhance connectivity between Omagh and Enniskillen and serve the new acute hospital in Enniskillen.
"I can assure communities across the west of my commitment to developing infrastructure to enhance connectivity and economic development as well as improving safety on local roads.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays.The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022