Minister Nichola Mallon has today announced that she is re-instating a free car parking facility on the Crumlin Road Gaol site for NHS staff.
The arrangement will commence on Monday 11 January 2021 for an initial 3 month period but can be extended for a further period of time should this be required.
Speaking today, Minister Mallon said:
“I am pleased to once again provide a car parking facility for NHS staff on the Crumlin Road Gaol site. The pandemic is still a major public health crisis and our NHS staff continue to face unprecedented challenges. It is vital therefore that we all do whatever we can to support our key workers and where possible, help to make their lives a little easier.
“The provision of this free car parking facility at the Gaol will, I hope, make a big difference to some of our frontline workers. The facility will be free of change for all NHS workers and staff will be able to access the facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without having to worry about trying to find a safe and accessible car parking space. I stand by as Minister to work to assist our frontline workers during this time as they battle covid-19 for us. I’m pleased to announce this free parking facility, alongside the ongoing provision of free travel on public transport, for our NHS heroes.”
The Minister went on to say:
“The number of COVID-19 cases continues to rise. We all need to play our part to prevent further infections, bring case numbers down, save lives and protect our NHS staff. More than ever it is vitally important that we all adhere strictly to the new restrictions. I would urge you all to do so.”
NHS staff are being asked to display their staff pass in order to gain access to the Gaol site.
Notes to editors:
- More information on Covid-19 – including the latest guidelines, support and advice - is available on the nidirect website at: www.nidirect.gov.uk/coronavirus
- All media queries should be directed to the DfI Press Office at email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- LED street lighting upgrade for Newcastle Main Street 15 January 2021
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – December 2020 15 January 2021
- Road improvement scheme at Dublin Road, Castlewellan to commence 14 January 2021
- LED Street Lighting Upgrade Scheme, St Canice’s Park, Eglinton 14 January 2021