Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced a recruitment campaign to appoint a Chair to the Board of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority.
Minister Mallon said:
“This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to make a tangible and valued contribution to the management and continued growth of one of Northern Ireland’s main commercial ports.
“Warrenpoint Port’s Vision is to continually grow whilst maximising its contribution to the regional economy and community. I would therefore encourage anyone who considers that they meet the criteria for the post and who has a genuine desire to make a contribution to the work and Vision of the Port to seriously consider applying.”
The time commitment for the post will be approximately four business days per month. The Chair will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required and will receive remuneration of £22,405 and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointment will be effective from 1 June 2020 and will run for a period of up to four years.
You can access the competition documents, including the Candidate Information Booklet which provides details of the role and competition criteria at:
- www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/public-appointment-vacancies or www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/dfi-public-appointments
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
- In writing at Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8GB;
- By Telephone on 028 9054 0994;
- By e-mail. Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community.
Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
Notes to editors:
- DfI is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The appointment will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process.
- All media queries should be directed to the DfI Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Mallon delivers MOT test centres to help fight COVID-19 06 April 2020
- Minister Mallon announces appointment of the Chair for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 01 April 2020
- Mallon urges the public to support frontline workers 30 March 2020
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020