Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has introduced a Statutory Rule which will significantly reduce the number of HGVs using the narrow main street through Clady village.
Minister Mallon said:
“I recently met with residents and local representatives. I gave them a commitment that I would act to resolve this matter as quickly as possible and I am pleased to announce that a weight restriction will come into operation on 29 November 2021.”
The Statutory Rule will prohibit vehicles exceeding 7.5 tonnes maximum gross weight from using the B85 Urney Road, Clady from its junction with the B165 Bellspark Road to its junction with the U0204 Urney Road. Vehicles are excepted from the restriction in certain circumstances such as HGVs making local deliveries or travelling to and from local businesses.
While the Statutory Rule comes into effect on the 29 November enforcement will not begin until signage has been placed on all approach roads.
However the Department would urge drivers of HGVs to refrain from using the route through the village from 29 November 2021.
Notes to editors:
- The Department for Infrastructure (DfI) has made a Statutory Rule entitled “The Traffic Weight Restriction (Clady) Order (Northern Ireland) 2021”, (S.R. 2021 No. 296), which comes into operation on 29th November 2021.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Council receives an update on roads infrastructure projects for Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area 30 November 2021
- Minister Mallon confirms extra Capital Grant Funding of £2million for Councils to deliver Greenway and Active Travel Projects 30 November 2021
- Mallon announces public information events for Cookstown Bypass Scheme 29 November 2021
- Ministers launch public consultation on All Island Strategic Rail Review 29 November 2021