Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced that a £360,000 street lighting scheme will commence on the A3 Lake Road, Craigavon, on Monday 9 August 2021.
The scheme will see the installation of new street lighting columns and replacement underground cables with new LED lights. The scheme will extend from Roundabout 1 up to and including Roundabout 3.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will benefit everyone who travels and works in the area. I am committed to addressing the issues which matter most to people and street lighting services are crucial in ensuring those driving, cycling, wheeling and walking can do so safely within their communities.
“This investment provides new LED technology along the A3. It is important that adequate street lighting not only improves the quality of lighting but is more energy efficient given my commitment to climate action.
“I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. All work involving lane closures will be carried out during off peak times Monday to Friday between 09.30 am and 4.00 pm. Road users should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Subject to weather conditions, the scheme is expected to be completed by the end of September 2021. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquires between 1800 hrs and 0800 hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon extends temporary changes to major planning application process 24 September 2021
- Infrastructure Minister announces appointments to the Board of the Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 23 September 2021
- Competition Launched for Non-Executive Board members 23 September 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Old Holywood Road, Belfast 22 September 2021