Infrastructure Minister, Nichola Mallon has announced a £206,000 resurfacing scheme for Ballyquin Road, Limavady will start on Thursday 13 February 2020.
The 1.44km scheme which extends from Scroggy Road to near Ballyavelin Road, Ardgarvan is expected to be completed by Sunday 23 February 2020.
Minister Mallon said:
“I have made clear my intent to tackle the regional imbalance in infrastructure. I want any investment in roads to reflect the need across our entire network. I am pleased to announce this significant investment in the Limavady area. This scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network and will serve the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.”
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure from 7.30 am to 6.00 pm daily from Thursday 13 February 2020 until Sunday 23 February 2020.
During the road closure a diversion will be in operation for Limavady bound traffic via Derryork Road, Drumrane road, Baranailt Road, Lisnakilly Road and Main Street Limavady.
Dungiven bound traffic will be diverted via Ballyquin road, Irish Green Sreet, Catherine Street, Lisnakilly Road, Barnailt Road and Drumrane Road.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020