Preliminary works have commenced on a £130,000 street lighting upgrade scheme in St Canice’s Park, Eglinton.
The substantial scheme, which involves replacing the existing lights with a new LED street lighting system and full replacement of all underground cables and columns, will continue from Monday 27 January 2021.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
Subject to weather conditions, the scheme is expected to be completed in mid-March 2021.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- LED street lighting upgrade for Newcastle Main Street 15 January 2021
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – December 2020 15 January 2021
- LED Street Lighting Upgrade Scheme, Moss Park, Derry 14 January 2021
- Street Lighting Renewal Scheme, Great Northern Road, Omagh 14 January 2021