The Department for Infrastructure has announced a recruitment campaign to appoint five Non-Executive Members to the Board of Northern Ireland Water.
These key posts offer an excellent opportunity for individuals to make a tangible and valued contribution to the management and continued growth of this important public body.
The time commitment for the post will be approximately 1-2 business days per month. The Members will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required. The Members will receive remuneration of £18,000 and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointments will be effective from 1 February 2020 and will run for a period of four years.
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community.
Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
You can access the application pack at: www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/public-appointment-vacancies or www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/dfi-public-appointments.
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
- In writing at Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8GB;
- By Telephone. 028 9054 1049 or Text relay service 18001 028 9054 0994;
- By e-mail. Send your request to: email@example.com.
Notes to editors:
- DfI is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The appointments will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process. DfI is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice. The recruitment process has been launched under the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation and Exercise Functions) Act 2019. The information presented above is accurate at this time, however should a Departmental Minister return before or shortly after the appointments have been made then the terms and conditions of the appointment may be subject to change.
- The Articles of Association provide for the appointment of not less than two and not more than ten directors of the company. The Board comprises a Chair and up to five Non-Executive Directors and four Executive Directors.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £200,000 road improvement scheme at Twaddell Avenue, Belfast 22 October 2019
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme for Shaneshill Road, Larne 18 October 2019
- £120,000 road improvement scheme on Ballymaglave Road, Spa, Ballynahinch 17 October 2019
- £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 16 October 2019