Department for Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard recently announced a £210,000 structural maintenance scheme for the B53 Kilgad Road, Ballymena.
The Minister said:
“Improving transport connections along key routes while maintaining a network which is fit for purpose is a priority for my Department and the wider Executive.
“This scheme will strengthen the road structure and deliver benefits for the local community for many years to come.”
The scheme on the B53 Kilgad Road from A36 Moorfields Road to B59 Tully Road will provide 2.8 kilometres of new asphalt road surface. Work will commence on Monday 24 November 2016 and is scheduled for completion by Friday 16 December 2016.
To protect the safety of the travelling public and contractors during the works on this busy part of the road network, it will be necessary to introduce temporary traffic management arrangements and diversionary routes.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public however, motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The above planned scheme is subject to favourable weather conditions and road users can keep up to date using the Roadworks Report on TrafficwatchNI.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2023/24 Quarter One’ published 29 September 2023
- The draft Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2030 Annual Statistical Report, 2023 is published 28 September 2023
- Newry Southern Relief Road – Community Information Event 28 September 2023
- Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2022-23 statistical report published 27 September 2023