Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that a £230,000 road improvement scheme for A43 Glenravel Road close to Cargan Village is set to get underway on Monday 24 October.
The 2.2 kilometre resurfacing scheme will extend from C68 Glensbrae Road to UR157 Gortnageeragh Road on the main road from Ballymena to the Glens of Antrim and is expected to be complete by Friday 4 November.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This investment will serve the local community and visitors to the area for many years. It also goes to demonstrate my continued commitment to maintaining the main road network in key tourism corridors within the region.”
To help ensure the safety of users and contractors, it will be necessary to operate a traffic management convoy system, whereby vehicles will be escorted through the works. This measure will avoid the need for road closures and lengthy diversions which would inconvenience local residents, business and through traffic.
TransportNI has carefully planned the works operation to keep disruption to a minimum however, drivers should expect delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
The planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions.
For more information about road improvements visit: https://www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra.
- Resurfacing scheme for Portadown Road, Armagh 22 September 2023
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023