Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard announces the start of a £475,000 scheme to improve the junction at the Broad Road and Greystone Road in Limavady with the construction of a roundabout.
The scheme will also include resurfacing works on the A37 extending from its junction with Drumsurn Road for a distance of approximately 750 metres towards the junction with Rathmore Road.
The Minister said:
“I am aware that local representatives have been lobbying for this scheme to be constructed for some time. I am pleased therefore to confirm this significant investment, which will greatly improve safety for all road users at this junction while reducing traffic conflict and delays at peak times. The resurfacing works will improve the carriageway surface and reduce routine maintenance costs.’’
TransportNI identified this junction for action through its Collision Remedial programme and after detailed analysis of recorded collisions and traffic flows developed plans for the construction of a roundabout. The scheme will start mid January and completion is planned for the end of April 2017.
The works have been carefully programmed to minimise any inconvenience to the public. However motorists should expect some delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The above work is subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland Headline Report 2021 has been published today 30 March 2023
- A28 Loughgilly resurfacing – Sunday 2 April closure 30 March 2023
- The Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2021-22 statistical report 29 March 2023
- Statistical Press Release – Travel to and from school by children in Northern Ireland 2021/22 23 March 2023