Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that a £130,000 road improvement scheme on Moyraverty West Road, Craigavon is set to begin on Monday 28 November.
The resurfacing scheme on Moyraverty West Road extends for approximately 950 metres from its junction with Westacres roundabout to Old Fort Lodge. Work is expected to be complete by early December.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This investment will deliver significant improvements to the strength and road surface quality of Moyraverty West Road. This is welcome news for the many people who use this road every day.
“The growth of our economy depends on having good infrastructure in place to meet the needs of our people. The benefits of the re-surfacing scheme will go towards helping meet these needs and improving transport connections for people, goods and services.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to put in place diversions and closures. Work will take place from 07.00 am on Monday 28 November to 6.00 pm on Friday 9 December 2016. Traffic is being diverted via Moyraverty West Road, Moyraverty Road, Brownlow Road, Drumgor West Road and Moyraverty West Road. Local access will be maintained during the improvements.
TransportNI has planned the works and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
As with all improvement schemes of this type the planned date is subject to favourable weather conditions.
For information about this and other improvement schemes across the North visit: https://www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- Media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure press office on 028 9054 0007. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Mallon unveils preferred route for Cookstown Bypass Scheme 08 December 2021
- Council receives an update on roads infrastructure projects for Derry City and Strabane District Council area 08 December 2021
- Council receives an update on key infrastructure projects for Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council 07 December 2021
- Mallon announces main findings of Report on Pop-up Cycle Lanes 07 December 2021