A formal consultation has opened today with proposals to introduce a Residents’ Parking Scheme in the Bogside area of Derry City.
The Rossville Street area Residents’ Parking Scheme would be the first such scheme for the City and involves over 600 residential properties mainly in the Rossville Street, Fahan Street, Little Diamond, Creggan Street and Chamberlain Street areas.
Proposals for the Scheme were first announced by the previous Minister for Infrastucture, and following informal consultations there has proven to be significant support from residents who are experiencing increasing difficulties parking outside their homes. The Department has written to all residents within the area and encourages all interested parties to formally respond to the proposals before 10 April.
If introduced as proposed, the Scheme will designate free of charge parking places for residents only between the hours of 10.00 am and noon and between 2.00 pm and 4.00 pm from Monday to Saturday inclusive. Visitors will be able to park within areas designated for residents provided a valid visitor’s permit is displayed on the vehicle. A number of spaces shall also remain for non residents.
Notes to editors:
- Full details of the scheme, together with a map showing the roads involved, may be inspected at the Department’s DfI Roads Section Office, 1 Crescent Road, Londonderry, BT47 2NQ or Pilots Row Community Centre. Full details are also available online at: www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/consultations.
- Any person can respond to the consultation by writing to the Department at DfI Roads, 1 Crescent Road, Londonderry, BT47 2NQ or by emailing email@example.com by 10 April 2018.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £106,000 road improvement scheme for Belt Road, Londonderry 16 March 2018
- £245,000 road improvement scheme for Racecourse Road, Londonderry 16 March 2018
- £75,000 road improvement scheme for Drumnacanvy Road, Portadown 12 March 2018
- Consultation opens on Residents' Parking Scheme for Rossville Street area 12 March 2018